What are your summer vacation plans? Do you intend to do nothing but relax, and indulge your every dietary whim? Or are you more inclined to find a health conscious summer vacation destination, and use your down time to do something good for your body? If the second option sounds better to you, we have some suggestions for wonderful, healthy vacation spots.
- You might not think of Massachusetts as a relaxing spa destination, but Canyon Ranch in Lenox is an all-inclusive health resort that’s practically perfect. Especially if the tropics are too hot for you, this is a great place to do outdoorsy things like skiing and snowshoeing, or indoor activities like jewelry-making and meditation. If you want a structured program to help you reach your goals, Canyon Ranch offers that too: health programs at the resort focus on things like weight loss, improved spirituality, and life management.
- If, on the other hand, the Florida heat appeals to you, consider the Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa in Miami. Applying a medical approach to healthy living, Pritikin offers a vacation destination that provides a three pronged program, addressing nutrition, exercise, and mind-body health. In addition to rigorous exercise and classes like “Setting Yourself Up for Success” and “New Thoughts, New Behaviors”, there’s also the Pritikin Spa, with a diverse menu of treatment options.
- The Miraval Resort and Spa is located beside Tucson’s Santa Catalina Mountains. This idyllic location is a beautiful spot to relax and work toward your wellness goals, and Miraval works to help you do that, with a program that features not only exercise and lectures, but also restorative treatments and locally sourced meals.
- The Tenaya Lodge has the advantage of being located in the backyard of Yosemite National Parks. Offering a variety of options, from educational classes and wine tastings, to spa treatments, nature hikes, and yoga classes, it’s the perfect place for working on your healthy lifestyle goals.
- Lake Austin Spa Resort is a luxurious spot, located in Austin, Texas. Lakeside views and lush gardens make it a lovely place for an outdoor massage or afternoon nap, while a variety of exercise classes help to keep you moving. The healthy, low calorie on-site restaurant is perfect for keeping your diet on track.
If you’re looking for healthy vacation spots, you’re probably the type of person who believes that everything you do is a factor in your overall health. We couldn’t agree more! At our clinic, we embrace an integrated approach to wellness, treating our patients as whole people, and working to help them create healthy lives. To that end, we strive to continually provide useful information to help our patients find their own path to optimal wellness, encouraging them to select nutritious food, healthy exercise, and good lifestyle choices. For more information about how we can help you live your best life, call today for your free consultation.